- In a large bowl combine peas, mango, jalapeno (if using), red pepper, cucumber, beans, parsley or cilantro and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice and mustard.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
White Bean, Pea and Mango Salad
By: Dr. Laurie Capogna
"This salad is great as a lunch or served as a side dish to grilled salmon. It contains high amounts of eye healthy nutrients including lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and fiber."
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 can (398 to 540mL) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (or 1-1/2 tsp dried)
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper