- Blend chickpeas with lemon, garlic, tahini, and olive oil in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add water 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with veggies or crackers for dipping.
By: Dr. Sarah Oh
This hummus gets an extra boost of beta-carotene from the pumpkin, making it the perfect eye-healthy snack to dip your veggies or crackers in.
- Two 15-oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic (more if you like it extra garlicky)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Optional ¼ - ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper