- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale. Tear off kale leaves and discard large stems.
- Toss dry kale into a large mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil and add seasonings.
- Massage kale with oil and be sure to use hands to distribute the oil and seasonings evenly.
- Spread the kale over 2 large baking sheets (or adjust to batch size), ensuring the kale doesn’t overlap with each other to help them stay crisp while baking.
- (Optional step) Lightly sprinkle salt over kale. Salt to taste preference
- Bake for total of 7-8 minutes while watching closely since it can burn easily. You may flip kale leaves half way during the baking around the 4 minute mark or turn the pans around to ensure even baking.
- Once baking is complete remove from oven and let kale chips cool on the pan.
- Once completely cooled, store in room temperature and enjoy!
By: Dr. Kimberly Chan
"Here's my healthy and delicious alternative to store-bought potato chips. It is low in sodium, baked (not fried) and an overall healthier snack to eat. It uses a few simple ingredients and it is very quick to make as well."
- Bunch of fresh kale
- Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
- Organic no-salt seasoning (Store-bought or can make own blend of different spices to your preference)