OAO offers continuing education to all optometrists. Whether it’s through a weekend of learning at the annual OAO Symposium and InfoMart, online education from the comfort of your home or office, or a one-day seminar, OAO is dedicated to providing professional development and education excellence for optometrists. Featuring a roster of both clinical and practice management courses, OAO provides education delivered by some of the greatest North American speakers in optometry, supporting optometrists to become successful in their clinics, and as business leaders.
Online learning from the comfort of your home or office: earn continuing education credits when and where it’s most convenient for you.
If you are an OAO member click here to log in (using your OPTO address rather than your PRACTICE address) and access eLearning courses and other educational offerings for members.
If you are NOT currently an OAO member but would like to access eLearning courses please click here to create a profile.
Courses currently available:
- The Oh Crap Moment: When Ocular Emergencies Happen – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Introduction to Financial Planning for Optometrists – 1 hour/1 Non-COPE credit
- Introduction to Tax for Optometrists – 1 hour/1 Non-COPE credit
- Tax Planning for Optometrists – 1 hour/1 Non-COPE credit
- Tips on Making Your Business Successful – 1 hour/1 Non-COPE credit
- Succession Planning for Optometrists – 1 hour/1 Non-COPE credit
- Human Resources Management for Optometrists – 1 hour/1 Non-COPE credit
- In-Office Electrodiagnostics for Non-Glaucoma Patients – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Laser Peripheral Iridotomy LPI: What’s the Controversy? – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Laser Therapy for the Open Angle Glaucomas ALT, SLT – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Thyroid Dysfunction and the Eye – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Bringing the Love Back to the Visual Field – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- My Greatest Spikes: Challenging Glaucoma Cases – 2 hours/2 COPE credits
- Fundus Autofluorescence Applications for Clinical Practice – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Taking the Mystery Out of Abnormal Pupils – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Improving Visual Function and Protecting Against Age-Related Macular Degeneration by Enriching the Macular Carotenoids – 1 hour/ 1 COPE credit
- Evolution of Artificial Tears – 1 hour/ 1 Non-COPE credit
- Five Neuro-Ophthalmic Triage Decisions That Can Save a Life in the Optometric Clinic – 2 hours/2 COPE credits
- Herpetic Eye Disease Acyclovir to Zoster – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- What to Expect Pregnancy and the Eye – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Overview of Corneal Dystrophies – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Scleral Lenses – Advanced Fitting Strategies/Complicated Cases – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
- Myopia Management – Decision Making – 1 hour/1 COPE credit
To purchase any courses, please log in.
COPE Financial Disclosures
- All COPE speakers have been independently contracted by the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO) and will reveal relevant financial relationships at the beginning of their presentations.
- OAO staff members do not have any relevant individual financial relationships.