OAO offers continuing education to all optometrists. Whether it's through a weekend of learning at the OAO Annual Symposium and InfoMart, online education from the comfort of your home or office, or a one day seminar, OAO is dedicated to providing professional development and education excellence for optometrists. Featuring a roster of both clinical and practice management courses, OAO provides education delivered by some of the greatest North American speakers in optometry, supporting optometrists to become successful in their clinics, and as business leaders.
All optometrists that want to access education offered by the Association must create a profile first. NOTE: OAO Members already have a profile.
If you are already an OAO member click here to log in and access all educational offerings for MEMBERS.
If you are NOT currently an OAO member but would like to participate in education offered by the OAO please click here to create your profile first. If you already have a profile, please click here to login .
Earn continuing education credits when and where it's most convenient for you.
- Introduction to Financial Planning for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Introduction to Tax for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Tax Planning for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Tips on Making Your Business Successful - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Succession Planning for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Human Resources Management for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
OAO hosted 10 hours of Continuing Education Virtually in May. All of the courses featured were Category A/COPE approved. These course will be available to purchase soon through eLearning.
Preliminary plans are already underway for Symposium 2021.
OAO will host this 3-day event April 16 - 19, 2021 at the Toronto Sheraton Centre.