Message from OAO's President
Benefits for Members
The benefits of membership with the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO) are extensive and can make a profoundly positive impact on your career as a Doctor of Optometry. As an association representing the majority of Ontario's Doctors of Optometry we are able to provide benefits including peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and career support.
Moreover, we provide end-to-end monitoring of critical regulations and legislation and offer the strength of combined buying power for insurance coverage, emergency funding and other safety nets that help secure your future.
- Timely updates regarding changes to OHIP coverage, scope of practice regulations and the schedule of benefits.
- Monthly e-mail newsletter from the OAO President.
- Personalized assistance on OHIP billing issues and help unraveling government red tape.
- Best in class comprehensive professional liability insurance coverage in the province.
- Members’ Only website portal, including access to multiple online and academic resources.
- Attendance at OAO’s Annual Symposium & InfoMart and other regular events at great rates.
- Participation in OAO’s children's vision awareness program, Eye See...Eye Learn®
- Access to high-quality online education for continuing education credit.
- See what members think of us. Read some testimonials about the value of OAO membership.
How can I join?
To apply for OAO membership, please complete the relevant application form provided below.
Please return all completed forms to:
Ontario Association of Optometrists
20 Adelaide Street East, Box 16
Suite 801 Toronto, ON M5C 2T6
or Fax to: (905) 826-0625